How to consolidate
Usually, you can consolidate your accounts at any time by using one of the below options.
You can also download our How to consolidate your accounts checklist (PDF).
1. Complete your transfer online
This is the easiest and quickest way to move all of your super into one account.
- Step 1: create a myGov account then link the ATO to your account.
If you already have a myGov account, just log in and click through to the ATO section.
- Step 2: go to the ‘Super’ tab. In this section, you can:
- see details of all your super accounts, including any you have forgotten about
- see details of all your super, including super the ATO is holding on your behalf
- Step 3: choose the fund you want to transfer your money from (called the ‘transferring fund’) and the fund you want to transfer your money to (called the ‘receiving fund’) from the funds listed.
- Step 4: confirm your selection and your funds should move your accounts into one account within three days.
For more information, go to www.ato.gov.au/superonline.
2. Contact your fund
You can contact either the fund you want to move your money into or your current fund to let them know you want to consolidate your accounts. Many funds provide a service where they will consolidate accounts on your behalf. Check your fund’s website for further details.